Indonesian Coconut Turmeric Chicken Soup (Soto Ayam)


I miss eating out, traveling, discovering new flavours and tastes and I know most of us are going through the same feelings. These past few months have definitely been trying yet it has has also been a time for introspection for each one of us. I love how each one of us have pulled our lives together, doing what we love, keeping our heads above water and generally maintaining our spirits high. Each day, I'm filled with gratitude for all the blessings I have, in the midst of all this confusion, I also made my 80 year young Mum, teach me how to make her 'Narikol Pitha', I finally learnt how to make the folds not as pretty as her's but suffice to say I have learnt. That will have to be another blog post!!


Today, I cooked my version of  Soto Ayam,  an Indonesian spicy chicken soup,  perfect for this wet rainy weather. A great immunity boosting dish packed with such robust flavours and deliciousness. This is generally served with rice noodles but I of course served it with some leftover steamed rice. simplify your life lady that whats the inner diva in my head whispered to me! The fresh turmeric, lemon grass, ginger and garlic infused soup makes this dish wonderfully aromatic and uplifting dish and the silkiness from the creamy coconut milk. You use simple ingredients but the result is such a complex flavour that is utterly delicious. There is always something so comforting about a hearty  bowl of chicken soup. 





Do share your feedback or any comments you have below.

Follow me on Instagram: @kashmirinath





Comments

Popular Posts