Smoky Lentil & Vegetable Roast

Smokey lentil & Vegetable Roast

Food is supposed to be comforting like a warm hug and lift your spirits and mood up  while nourishing your body, right? Well , this bowl will do just that and more. Although, I'm writing in the midst of summer and cauliflower is very much a winter veggie for us, but I don't know how I missed putting in up here on my blog. I received so many requests when I had posted the picture of this amazing dish.
It has wonderful flavours, smokey from the charred bits of cauliflower and eggplant and warm notes of spices , like I said its almost like a warm bear hug . This is what I would call a comfort meal. And, its so delicious, you can serve this with some homemade bread, just tear and dunk into the gravy or even flat bread to mop up the creamy sauce . So, go ahead and indulge in this comforting bowl. 

I have used red split lentil ( masoor dal) but feel free to tweak the ingredients , no cauliflower, substitute with butter nut squash or pumpkin. After all, cooking is all about creating and having fun, you taking inspiration from a dish but create it as your own. 




If you try this recipe, we would love to hear your feedback.
 Connect with us on Instagram @kashmirinath.

Comments

Popular Posts