Summer Morning Smoothie Bowl



My tryst with smoothies bowls started out of sheer necessity, although it is the trend of the moment. I’m not one to give into fads easily. So, before you roll up your eyes and say “another one to join the trend”, wait a second!
Working in the kitchen can be challenging, tasting sessions, creating recipes, trials; often a lot of these land up on my palate and belly. The first half of 2018 saw me travel a lot and staying in hotel rooms whilst promoting Assamese Cuisine outside my State. I’m grateful for all the opportunities, love and amazing response I have received. How else could a lady from a small city cook for celebrities, Chefs, Bloggers and foodies all over the country, including the lady of the moment “Priyanka Chopra”! On the flip side, my eating pattern was all haywire, eating too little, too tired to eat or what does one eating when you are surrounded by so much food?! The weighing scale was no longer my ally, my favourite jeans were biting into me and my favourite white shirt would not button up. I was reaching for the blacks to cover up, and worst of all, I was feeling lethargic , when I needed to pack in more into my day.
I was ready to make some changes in my life, so yoga found space in the day, slowly but regularly and I needed to change my eating habits too. So, out went refined sugar from my kitchen, replaced with jaggery, honey and fruits. Seeds – Pumpkin, Basil, Chia, Flaxseed found sunny spots on my kitchen shelf.  My meals had to quick and easy which did not take too much time and above all they had to delicious. I knew, I could never eat food if it was not exciting, tempting and refreshing.
I loved that I could wake up to the most exhilarating and delectable breakfast and it needed no cooking! What a boon in the hot humid summer months! I could still say “2 mins’’ but I brought out the most yummy & healthy bowl in those 2 mins unlike you know what I referring to.

Sharing the recipe of this one. I have received so many DM on this one that it had to go up on my blog. This is a healing smoothie, packed with antioxidants, nutrients and fibre that will nourish your body and soul.

Recipe
Ingredients:  

2 – Frozen Banana
1 – Apple
½ cup – Pomegranate Pearls
2 tbsp – Oats (I used the quick cooking ones)
2 tbsp – Basil Seeds, soaked in water
2 tbsp – Chia Seeds, soaked in water
1 tbsp – Pumpkin Seeds
1 tbsp – Sunflower Seeds
1 tsp – Fresh Ginger, grated
1 cup – Ice
1/3 cup – Water


Method:

Blend all the ingredients in a blender until smooth and creamy. Just save a table spoon of pomegranate pearls and a teaspoon of chia and basil seeds for topping.
The consistency of the smoothie is not to be liquid-y. It should be more like a thick, creamy batter.
Transfer to a serving bowl and top with seeds and pomegranate pearls. Serve immediately.





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts