No Bake Chocolate Oats Bliss Bites



If you are like me, who like to snack between meals and also fret about extra calories,then this is one snack that will not send on a trip down guilt road. We are all conscious about eating right and healthy without punishing ourselves. I mean, we have only one life and as much as I want feel good and look good ,I also want to be able to indulge my cravings. I love chocolate and fried food and sweets and ice creams and I can go on and on.  But,still worry about my health and those extra pounds, like most of us. I wish someone would come up with some a solution where you can eat and eat and never put on weight. Sigh! That would be true bliss. But, until then lets just try to eat healthy.  So, I find food that take care of my cravings without all the extra calories. Yes, there are food like that , honestly we are actually good for your body and soul.


These chocolate bites are so delicious that I decided that "Bliss" will have to their middle name. No added sugar, no cooking needed and they are spectacularly divine. So, while my mid morning hunger raises  its ugly head, I reach for one of these babies and take care of hunger! They are perfect for your lunch box too and if you are travelling pop a few into a box and you are sorted for a while. I love the taste of peanut butter and honey and chocolate all coming together.
I keep a jar ready at home and trust me they don't last too long. It is easy to make, even little hands at home can help and its never too early to start the little ones on healthy eating habits. 



Recipe:


Ingredients:


1 cup (quick cooking variety) Oats
1 cup Muesli

1/2 cup Peanut butter

5 tbsp Honey

4 Tbsp Toasted and ground Flaxseed

1/2 cup Chocolate chips

1 tsp vanilla

                                                     A little cocoa powder for dusting


Method:


1. Mix the oats and muesli in a large mixing bowl. Add the peanut butter , honey and the ground flaxseed.

2. Melt the chocolate in the microwave for 30 secs, stir and put it back for another 30 secs, until it has melted. Pour into the Oats, Muesli mix. Add the vanilla.

3. Mix well with a wooden spoon until everything comes together. 

4. wash your hands clean and lightly grease your palm with some cooking oil. Scoop a tablespoon of the mixture into your hand and roll them into neat balls.

5. Dust them with cocoa powder and refrigerate them for 30 minutes. 
Serve them and these can be stored in the fridge for upto a week, if they last!!! 

Comments

Popular Posts