Spinach Apple Soup

Its been a while since I posted here. I miss coming here but 2017 has been an extremely busy year. I,along with a group of foodies have launched a Forum, which promote conscious eating and traditional food. It is a big step and we are working relentlessly towards creating an awareness about healthy conscious eating, at least giving people the option of choice. If you lack knowledge you lack choice.                                                                                                                            


We also undertook two major Culinary Tours, " Travelling with your Taste buds" , we traveled to Thailand and then in late summer a group of foodies traveled to France, Italy and Belgium learning, eating and tasting food. Not to talk of the number of cooking workshops and culinary experts who visited our own city, teaching and sharing their expertise and then we had our first ever Cookery Contest " Healthy India Happy India"! Phew, this has been indeed a year of growth and I'm so inspired to do and take my love for cooking to newer grounds. Interspersed between all this, I have in my role as a "Brand Ambassador" for EATWITHINDIA have done a number of Pop Up Dinners in Guwahati and Delhi, cooking for guests and promoting my Cuisine. 


It has been a great year of learning and getting to know new people. And, the year has not yet ended and who knows what magic these next couple of weeks holds for me!
I'm sharing one of my favourite winter soup,packed with delicious flavours and extremely easy to make. If it is not easy trust be, you will not find on my space. Cooking in my opinion but be easy,simple and yummy binding us together with love.I'm a Popeye , I love spianch in any and every form. It is one of my favourite winter green,full of antioxidants and vitamins, there is little not to like it. Spinach and apples come together into a smooth creamy soup and with a hint of nutmeg ,this soup is a wickedly delicious.  Perfect dinner alternative in this festive season of  endless eating.



       Spinach Apple Soup





Ingredients:



2 tbsp olive oil

2 tbsp finely chopped onion

2 cups of spinach leaves, washed and chopped

1 cup vegetable stock

2 tbsp quick cooking Oats

1 cup apple puree

1 cup milk

1 tsp Salt

1 tsp crushed black pepper

1/4 tsp nutmeg powder

1 tsp lemon juice

1 tbsp yogurt






Method:

Heat the oil in a pan and saute the onion until pink in colour.

Add spinach and cook until the greens are tender. Add the vegetable stock. Bring to a boil and lower flame and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the Oats and cook for another 5 minutes. Turn off heat.

Once the oats and spinach mix has cooled, add apple puree. Blend the mixture until smooth.

Return it to the pan and reheat slowly with milk. Add salt, pepper, nutmeg and lemon juice. Stir well.

Pour into 4 bowls. Add a swirl of yogurt on top and serve hot.


Comments

Popular Posts