lemon Pound Cake



 I'm always complimented on my 'Lemon Cake', I guess, it is my one of my favourite cake too,  the sweet and tang all coming together into a beautiful flavour. It is also my perfect cake, always turns out well each time, a comforting certainty in a very uncertain world! So, I bake this cake with unwavering confidence that it will turn out fluffy, light and perfect. A generous luscious slice will find its place next to my cup of tea. Sometimes, I will pour some lemon glace icing but most of the time it is just a gentle dusting of sifted sugar. That is all it needs. No fuss no worries but fabulous to taste.
It fills the room with such a tantalising lemony aroma while it bakes that I can hardly ever wait for it cool. Have you ever taste a slice of cake straight out of the oven?  Pure Bliss. 


Here's my no-fail recipe for a fluffy buttery Lemon Cake:


Lemon Pound Cake

Ingredients:

1 cup butter

2 ½ cups plain flour

1/4 tsp salt

½ baking powder

½ tsp baking soda

1 ½ tsp  zest of lemon

1 cup sugar

2eggs

3 tbsp  fresh lemon juice

1/2 cup milk



Method:

Preheat oven to 160 degree
Butter and dust the cake tin.
In a large bowl cream butter and sugar, until light and creamy. Add the eggs one at a time.
Beat in the lemon juice.
Sift together flour, soda and baking powder.
Alternately add the flour and milk into the sugar and butter mix and fold well.
Pour batter into prepared cake tin.
Bake 30/ 35 mins until cool.


Let me know , when you try. Please leave your comments below.

To a Happy New Year! 2017

Comments

Popular Posts