Cottage Cheese and Beetroot Bruschetta

It is one of those Sundays, when  my fridge is practically empty except for a few beet roots, some herbs growing in my balcony and  omnipresent, milk of course. There are no eggs either. Sunday morning breakfast looms ahead. I'm in no mood to indulge in puri making . Saving grace being I wake up early so i can plot and plan before the others rise and shine! Some benefits of being an early riser. Half a loaf of the bread I had baked the previous day,stares and dares me, almost mocking me, lets see 'what you turn me into today look'! I take that challenge and get down to business. 


Ingredients:


2 large beetroot ( 400gms)

6/8 cloves of garlic

1 tablespoon olive oil

1/2 teaspoon paprika

2 teaspoon vinegar

salt to taste

1 tablespoon fresh parsely

few sprigs of fresh basil ( you can use dried herbs)

A few lettuce leaves, optional again. 

100 gm cottage cheese ( i made mine at home.), its creamy,soft and yummy.

A few slices of crusty bread



Method:


wash the beetroots, slice them half, put them into a bakingdish along with the garlic pods. drizzle the olive oil and cover the dish with foil and bake at 180 degree for 25 mins.

Enjoy your morning cup of tea and paper and peace.

After 25 mins, carefully remove the beetroot and let them cool until you can handle them. Gently peel off the skin. Roughly chop them up. Put the beetroot pieces, along with the roasted garlic into a blender. add salt, vinegar, paprika, cumin seeds. Blitz until smooth and well blended, then slowly drizzle the olive oil until well incorporated and homogeneous,

Transfer to a dish and add the minced herbs. adjust seasoning.

Toast the sliced loaf until slightly golden, its should crisp but not golden.

Spread the beetroot puree generously, top with some crumbled cottage cheese and sprinkle some more chopped parsley.

You can  crumble some Feta cheese too.

I added some pan fried sausages on a few of them.

This will make a great dip too and if you add a couple of tablespoon of hung curd and mix well.

I always believe in cooking with whatever is at hand and give it your own twist. Cooking is all about expressing  of creativity.




Happy cooking, hope you guys will try and let me know how you liked it in the comments below.

Follow me on Instagram: @kashmirinath




Comments

Popular Posts